Friday, July 14, 2006

Intermission: Did I Mention My Problems Are Probably Stress Induced?

I can understand now why so many therapists would suggest to their patients that they should wait to have a relationship. I’m not trying to say I’m in a relationship but my pretend boyfriend gives me enough stress that I feel as though I am in one. I get really frustrated with him sometimes and I just want to pretend that I don’t even know him, because if I do that then I don’t have to think about how stupid he is being, and if I forget his existence completely I’m much more relaxed. Tonight he put me in charge of plans, so he begins to text me asking if we are still going to hang out, and then he wants details. I should mention here that he is King Indecision. So I text him back some options, grabbing dinner and watching a movie. “When?” “Where?” He writes back. I suggest Subway, then watching a movie here if that’s ok. “What movie?” I quickly write back that he has never had to give such a detailed plan. So I list three movies, separated by the word “or” to suggest to him that these are options. Then I add another one that says, “or the movie that you were thinking of.” I get the retarded text back that says, “No?” Which is how we begun texting. So I write back, “What?” Then I get back, “That is what I want to know?” At this point I got really frustrated, had a slight turrets spasm, and have decided not to write back. Oh wait, as I wrote that last sentence I got another text that said “I’m about to get lost, what is going on?” I am half tempted to write, and I should mention its all ready to send, “Go ahead, get lost.” To me “lost” means that he has other plans, since last week (when I cut my hair) he “got lost”. The town that we live in is designed so that a kindergartner couldn’t get lost. I’m just so frustrated; I just want to tell him to forget about it, I’m too stressed out right now to even hang out with him. Did he not get the memo that I am emotionally unstable?

No comments: