Monday, July 17, 2006

Chapter 49
I Gotta Pee You Gotta Pee?

My sister and I have this little thing that we say to each other and it was brought on by a guy that she knows. The story as I know it goes something along the lines of their friend who got put into a mental hospital for a while, and he was normal before he went in and afterward he was pretty much crazy. He always said, “I gotta pee, you gotta pee?” So my sister and I always say it to each other. Well I work with a friend that we have in common and her and him both know this guy, so she told me to say it to him. So today when I was working he walked by so I walked up closer to him and said, “I gotta pee, you gotta pee?” He lost his step and then stopped walking and started to laugh. I told him my sister said he would know what I was talking about. He said he did but he never expected to hear it coming from me. Then he asked me if I knew who it was who said it originally because he worked with us! He then tells me that the guy had actually been asking about me! I asked if it was because he heard me saying his famous statement. The guy said it was probably because he liked me. Yeah, that’s what I need, someone who’s done time in a mental institute. But the thing is, he won’t just tell me who the guy is, he gave me what department he works in but not a name, so I am left wondering which one it is and the only one I can think of is this guy who I thought was pretty cute, but now realizing that he could be the “gotta pee” guy I just don’t know whether to be flattered or to be cautious. Actually, I just want to know what gotta pee was asking, or if this friend was just saying that to get at me, he’s got that kind of personality.
Sadly though, that’s probably the most interesting thing that happened to me today.
However, yesterday was more interesting. I finally received my diploma in the mail! That’s exciting! For a moment I thought that we were going to have a party at my parent’s house, everyone standing around as I opened it. They sent me an “official” copy of my transcript on really nice paper and my dad actually said, “You should make copies”. Even though I graduated college I still saw that I failed Geology once and Geology lab twice! So…why would I want to make copies of that? Also I am still searching for a job. Unfortunately one of the jobs I am looking at seems to be a bit more complex than I believed. Who knew I would have to do brain teasers before being interviewed? And let me tell you, they are hard! They sent me to a website to “practice” and for the life of me I still can’t figure out how some of those worked out! It just seems like too much effort for one job, don’t get me wrong I will pursue it to the bitter end, but come on! Just look at my resume, interview me and say yea or nay! That’s how life used to be right? Sometimes I feel like I will die at the grocery store, not just die of old age, still working there, but I’m talking full out, in my uniform, middle of a shift, keel over and die. At least I will probably have a job for about a month, working at a school. That’s the lead I am on from my sister who is working there. The teacher she works with and her and going to call me tomorrow to talk about it. I don’t really know what that means. But it’s for about 41 days or so, working one on one with a child with disabilities at a school (summer school). It’s better pay than I get at the grocery store, and it’s only Monday through Thursday 8-12. I would still work at the grocery store but at least I would be getting some experience aside from ringing groceries and bagging bread, oh and writing on cakes…I am getting better at that! It’s okay though, I’m not really in that much of a hurry to grow up yet, and getting a normal job would kind of force me to grow up.

No comments: