Friday, July 14, 2006

Chapter 27
Oh, because of your face?


I love the night life filled with exotic locals and hilarious good times. Tonight was our annual Denny’s run, and sadly, our last but it was fun. We were all so tired to begin with and I think that is why we found things so funny. And while I found that Oreo would be a really fun drunk, she would also be kind of a mean one. Sweet Pea and I would be the funniest, but we wouldn’t have to be drunk to be that way. I was a little bummed when we first got to Denny’s and it was full of college students in groups. They aren’t interesting. Last time we came was early in the morning, 2 or 3 in the morning. So at that time you get the locals who come for either food or to hit on the waitresses who are not interested. Today when we walked in we noticed one customer who I swear was there last time hitting on the waitress and we kept saying “dude, she’s not interested, leave her alone.” We repeated ourselves tonight. Finally we got a local behind us, eating by himself and I don’t know what exactly he was doing. I didn’t even realize he was talking to us at first but then someone responded to him and it hit me, we’ve made contact. We have never really directly spoken to a local at Denny’s so this was new and exciting for me. From behind me I heard him after taking a sip of coffee say, “damn that’s hot, just the way I like it.” He was funny, and at the same time creepy.
We made it back to Rexburg safely, somehow, even though my contacts were sticking to my eye balls and at times I wasn’t sure if I was really awake. Then as we were pulling in to town (at 2:30am) I said aloud, “Wouldn’t it be freaky to see a pedestrian?” and Sweet Pea pretends like we just hit one, but as we pull into our parking lot there is this strange mass of blanket in front of my parking space. It was creepy because you couldn’t quite tell it was a person (people) and I wasn’t sure if whatever I was looking at had ever been there, and then it moved! I about wet myself as did my passengers. It was a couple, bundled in a blanket and horror visions overtook my imagination, all the horrible things that this Siamese couple could have really been. So I rushed to the apartment, hoping to not be the last one stranded out there with that…thing.
I think that maybe Sweet Pea and I are going to kill the Antagonizer; I’ve decided that she must go. She bugs me; it’s not even really hot and cold anymore like it was maybe yesterday. Her remarks are annoying the hell out of me and I just want to dispose of her as quickly as possible. It would have been better to do it yesterday so I could dump her body in the dumpster and then all the people trying to clean their apartments today would have just kept piling on garbage and no one would have been the wiser, not for a long time.
So to move backwards in time I will tell you about the rest of this crazy day. I hung out with Pretend tonight. Antagonizer had to work tonight so it was really nice to actually hang out alone for a while. Pretend said that he is going “crunchy”, which from its description I would call going “Hippie”, or in other words, he wears jewelry now. Some of it’s hot; some of it’s not, especially his new shorts. We were talking and he mentioned that he got me a going away gift (the other day he tried to convince me that I needed to get him one but my roommate told him that since I was the one leaving then I get the going away gift). I asked him if it was a matching bracelet. He said ‘yes’, but it turns out it was sarcastic. I was a little bummed, the bracelet was cool, and he let me try it on but told me that it made me look butch, so I took it off. Then I asked if he got us matching iPods. He didn’t. I tried to talk him into that the other day when he said he was going to get one and I told him to buy me one too and then he was okay with it until I said that we could get the same ones, same color and everything and be twins! He said that was too weird and now I’m out of an iPod. I wonder what it is. I was going to ask if he got me a puppy but I am hoping upon hope that he is more sensible than that. I’m excited for a gift, but I don’t want it to be a gift of going away. Life at home is going to be pretty dull in comparison to life here. I don’t really want to start over with making new friends and things like that. I have great friends here, and as long as I don’t think about how quickly I can get rid of the Antagonizer I actually enjoy my time with Oreo, Sweet Pea, and Pretend. Oh earlier today Oreo, Sweet Pea and I decided that we are going to have a reunion trip and hopefully do one every year where we get back together and go to a different state each year. I hope that we do it; it would be so much fun! Next August we have planned to go to Seattle. Since Pretend served his mission there I had suggested he come, but then thought better on it, even though it would be a way to bring my Rexburg life back together maybe I’ll have to visit him separately. I did mention it to him though, telling him what we planned to do because I was so excited about it. Of course if anyone slips to the Antagonizer and she ends up going then I will respectfully decline and try to plan something devoid of exasperation. I’m tired; I need to go to sleep. So anything thing else that I might have written will have to wait and stand the test of time and memory to make it into a chapter. So we shall see if it does or does not. If it doesn’t then find comfort in the fact that you honestly won’t know what you are missing.

No comments: