Thursday, December 07, 2006

Chapter 94
Where Do They All Belong?

So today at church I was sitting in the chapel and I was looking around because heaven knows that my roommates don’t really talk to me anyway. I spotted several people just sitting by themselves. I mean, I felt awkward and I was at least sitting with people I knew but for the first time today I realized that there are people who don’t have anyone to sit with. I felt bad for them and at the same time decided that maybe instead of sitting by my roommates who I may know but don’t talk to I could move around and sit next to people that I don’t know but actually talk to them. I think that maybe I should start doing that. I also began to notice that in a way my roommates are part of the popular crowd. The popular crowd where pretty much all you have to do is be a guy that they don’t have a chance with and you’re in. But I know from experience that it’s hard to break into the crowd at the single’s ward. In fact I think the only reason that some people really even talk to me is because of where I live and who my roommates are. I don’t do well with popularity.
One of those lonely people today is another topic that I wanted to talk about. I haven’t met him yet, but I plan to. He reminds me of Jim from “The Office” so from this point on I will call him Jim. I noticed Jim before today, it was just today that I realized that he was sitting in the back, by himself, kind of twiddling his thumbs. I don’t know what it is, but the fact that girls are not tripping over themselves to sit by him makes him more appealing to me. Unbeknownst to me, he is probably a complete weirdo and there are reasons nobody was sitting by him. But for now, I’ll pretend that he’s 100% normal. I kept debating whether or not to get up and go sit by him, but standing up and walking away from roommates means that they will watch where you are going and what you are doing and the way my roommates are…once I show interest then they will wonder what it is about him and either I start to get picked on about my “crush” or they try to become friends with him…actually, both would probably happen because then they would become friends with him to set me up with him thus leading him into the “popular” crowd and I would lose interest because so many girls would probably gain interest. Maybe I’m overreacting, but I wouldn’t put it past my roommates.

No comments: